EARLY BIRD EXPIRY COUNTDOWN
NON SAPA MEMBERS
REGISTER & PAY BY 24 JUNE 2022
CALL FOR ABSTRACTS
SAPA Northern Cape will be hosting this year’s national conference in Kimberley. This conference with the theme ‘Crafting the Unpolished Diamonds’ will be unique in that there will be no break-away sessions as the venue doesn’t lend itself to this model. Instead there will be plenary presentations (invited presenters), interactive activities and some ‘melee talks’.
A melee (meh-lee) diamond is a tiny diamond that weighs less than 0.15 carat. They are single or full cut diamonds, which are used around big diamonds to add more sparkle.
The melee talks will serve the same purpose. They will be short talks (like the TED talks) which will be presented to all delegates at the conference in the conference hall.
Abstracts for these melee talks are invited for individual presentations from principals, deputy principals or other professionals in Education.
There will be TWO categories:
LIST OF TOPICS
- Finding the diamond in the rough (the role of the teacher in recognizing that spark in a child, etc.)
- Buying that diamond at a great cost (Investing in Education, the cost involved in time leading a school, personal wellness, etc.)
- Cutting a diamond to reveal its true beauty (crafting and honing skills as school leaders, leadership skills, use of IT and technology to hone skills, etc.)
- Admiring the final cut diamond in all its beauty (showcasing talents, affirming the ‘beauty’ of each child/educator, recognizing and affirming talents, etc.)
The language of the conference is English, and all presentations are expected to be delivered in English. Abstracts should be no more than 150 words and should be in editable Microsoft Word format. Applications must clearly indicate the category and topic.
The successful presenting authors will be required to register for the conference in order to ensure that their abstract is included in the final programme. Conference organisers will not cover any costs related to presentations, as this conference is hosted by a non-profit association.
- Opening Day for Submissions: 1 May
- Abstract Submission Deadline: 30 June
- Notification of Acceptance: 15 July
- Successful presenters to register and pay for conference:
Applications must be emailed to Alta van Heerden at email@example.com
No late applications will be accepted.
Linda Benwell – Project Director
Tel: 021 590 7900
Copyright © 2022. XL Millennium Conference & Event Management