CALL FOR ABSTRACTS
SAPA Northern Cape will be hosting this year’s national conference in Kimberley. This conference with the theme ‘Crafting the Unpolished Diamonds’ will be unique in that there will be no break-away sessions as the venue doesn’t lend itself to this model. Instead there will be plenary presentations (invited presenters) and eight ‘melee talks’.
A melee (meh-lee) diamond is a tiny diamond that weighs less than 0.15 carat. They are single or full cut diamonds, which are used around big diamonds to add more sparkle.
The ‘melee’ talks will serve the same purpose. They will be short talks (like the TED talks) which will be presented to all delegates at the conference in the conference hall.
Principals, deputy principals or other professionals in Education are invited to submit abstracts for these ‘melee’ talks for individual presentations.
CONFERENCE THEME AND TOPICS
The theme of the conference is “Crafting the Unpolished Diamonds”. Within this theme, we will focus on the following topics:
- Finding the diamond in the rough (the role of the teacher in recognizing that spark in a child, etc.)
- Buying that diamond at a great cost (Investing in Education, the cost involved in time leading a school, personal wellness, etc.)
- Cutting a diamond to reveal its true beauty (crafting and honing skills as school leaders, leadership skills, use of IT and technology to hone skills, etc.)
- Admiring the final cut diamond in all its beauty (showcasing talents, affirming the ‘beauty’ of each child/educator, recognizing and affirming talents, etc.)
- Abstract submission opening day
01 May 2020
- Abstract submission deadline
01 June 2020
- Notification of acceptance
15 June 2020
- Successful presenters to register and pay for conference
30 June 2020
The language of the conference is English and all presentations are expected to be delivered in English.
Abstracts should be submitted in video format and should not exceed 5 min. Submissions should have a brief introduction, 1 or 2 points that will be covered in the presentation and a brief conclusion. No written abstracts will be accepted.
Please send all abstracts, clearly marked as abstracts in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org. Receipt of abstracts will be acknowledged within a day of receipt.
If you don’t receive acknowledgement, please check if your abstract was received.
XL MILLENNIUM CONFERENCE & EVENT MANAGEMENT
LOGISTICS & CONFERENCE ORGANISERS
Linda Benwell – Project Director
Jacqui Bonello – Conference Coordinator
Marcelle Swart – Delegate Registration & Abstract Management
Tel: 021 590 7900